7 Tips to Purse Your Passion!
Purse Power -want to pull more money to your purse? The other day I was thinking about how to love what you do and add passion power to your pay check. This got me pondering how to sum it up succinctly and here’s what I came up with:
- ENJOY AND HAVE FUN – be excited about what you’re doing. Doing meaningful work is vital to your well-being, your worth, your quality of life. Being passionate and bored don’t go hand in hand. Get fired up – be creative. Do what you love, and love what you do.
- LOOK AFTER YOU – as hectic as your schedule gets don’t put self-care at the bottom of the list. Good health goes hand in hand with happiness, and happiness is a big pre-cursor to success. Remember you can’t help others permanently if you persist in doing for them things that they are perfectly capable of doing for themselves. Put your own oxygen mask on first!
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE – believe in yourself and don’t be afraid to go after your dreams. Aim high and take calculated risks, figure out what the downside might be and take steps to minimise/by-pass them and protect yourself.
- BE YOU – everyone else [according to Oscar Wilde] is pretty much taken. Being genuine is important and being true to yourself likewise. Phoney’s are easy to spot, so aim to be authentic in how you show up and what you do.
- REPUTATION IS ALL – always treat people with respect, treat them how you like to be treated yourself. Listening, really listening is an amazing gift [see my Listening page] Don’t over react, try to be kind and considerate, in business or at work under promise but go the extra mile and over deliver.
- GO FOR IT! – say yes, get out of your comfort zone and try something new. Meet new people, experience new places. Get out of your own way. Don’t let negative chatter and artificial limitations hold you back. Relinquish control and go with the flow sometimes.
- GIVE – make a gift of your time, go out of your way to help someone. Allow yourself to feel good about helping someone. Try this: take a note or two [dollars/ yen/euro/sterling etc] of a denomination that you feel comfortable gifting to a stranger. Pop it into a card which inspires and motives you, or has some special significance or meaning. Then select a name and address at random and post the card to the person. Make their day – imagine opening a gift from an unknown source. How generous to put a smile on their face? Feel pleased at sending out unexpected happiness. Then make a mental note to notice what happens, and expect to see the gift reciprocated – doubled – tripped in some way, not from the same source but from the universe.
To find out more about the magnetic green energy of GIVING and ‘Pursing your Passion’, explore my website : www.moneymagnet.global. I’d love to hear about your gifting returns, so please drop me a line sometime and share or join the discussion and post a comment below: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get periodic news about our online courses and E-books which are being developed sign up below:
In love and light.
How do I know when it is my intuition talking to me and not just my head remembering what someone else has suggested to me?
Hi Paul, great question! Sometimes our intuition is a whisper, sometimes a roar – or a torrent of conflicting insights with the rational processes kicking in with doubts and queries. As you point out we are information sponges -but knowledge and wisdom aren’t the same thing. A vital aspect of learning to follow your intuition is to pay attention to physical clues that your body gives you – it could be tingling, nausea, a tightening of the throat, a dry mouth.. and so forth. Don’t get hung up on information and data – several psychological studies have found that car buyers who poured over technical vehicle specs were less satisfied with their purchase than those shoppers who made a quick intuitive decision. Listen to your head by all means but aim to increasingly trust your gut/heart more.
Hope this helps?