As we have seen over the last couple of weeks, crystals, in all their many and varied hues can have a beneficial impact on many areas of our lives. Traditionally, crystals have primarily been seen as promoting our physical and mental health, through their amazing vibrational abilities that can free up the energy flows within our bodies.
It can certainly be argued that all crystals are, in fact, healing crystals. If we take a holistic approach to our overall wellbeing, crystals that help bring us peace, abundance, wealth, are all contributing to our wants and desires and therefore, ultimately, our wellbeing. That having been said there are some crystals that are renowned for their healing properties and those are the ones I want to focus on in this blog.
How Do Healing Crystals Work?
The basic theory behind healing crystals is the idea that they harness the life-giving elements of both the Earth, in particular, and the Universe in general. The crystals harness the energy and vibrations of the sun, the moon, the oceans, and all living things. This energy is passed on to us through contact with the crystals. As discussed in previous articles there has to be this willingness to connect, this requires an open mind, on our part to receive the true benefits of the crystals. There is limited scientific analysis of the curative properties of crystals, but the anecdotal evidence is wide-spread and substantial. Our forebears used crystals as indeed they used natural herbs and plants to assist them in curing disease and promoting health. Most of these ancient remedies have since been proven through modern medicine, to be valid and viable healthy alternatives. Remember, almost all of our modern pills and prescriptions, although often mass-produced synthetically, originally came from the plants and animals in our world. Given that, would it not be presumptuous of us to assume the ancients were right about herbs and plants, but wrong about crystals? I think so. We need to approach crystals with the same holistic approach we used to determine the efficacy of herbal and plant remedies – with an open mind and a willing heart.
At the bottom of this post, there are some links to some beautiful free Soundcloud tracks called Crystal Keys – where my Irish friend Lia Scallion captures the vibration of crystals in her sacred healing songs: my favorites are Emerald and Pearl – which are yours?
There is certainly some scientific evidence that crystals are linked to our thoughts and our beliefs. IBM Scientist Marcel Vogel, noted, while watching crystals grow under a microscope that their shape took the form of whatever he was thinking about. He also performed some tests on the metaphysical properties of quartz crystal and showed that rocks can indeed store thoughts, in much the same way that music can be stored on tapes, using magnetic energy. Arguably the greatest scientist the world has ever seen, Albert Einstein stated that everything in life is vibration and just like sound waves, your thoughts match the vibrations of everything that manifests in your life. Therefore, if you think crystals have healing potential, the positive vibrations of the stones will magnify that thought. Remember our discussion in a previous article about the “placebo effect”.
Crystals Specifically Known for Their Healing Properties:
- Amethyst: For those of us known to overindulge in the liquid libation from time to time, Amethyst may be just the cure for you. It is known to be useful to cure hangovers and to limit the effects of alcohol. It is also said to be useful for connecting with your spirituality and enhancing your psychic abilities.
- Enhances intuition;
- Encourages tranquility and stability;
- Aids meditation;
- Good for headaches and hangovers;
- Calms the mind;
- Third-eye chakra connection, and;
- Promotes peace, healing and intuition.
- Rose Quartz: Known as the “love crystal” it is often used to attract and keep the “love of your life” or your “soulmate”. It is said to protect relationships but conversely can also be used to heal the pain of a broken heart.
- Promotes self-love;
- Heals your heart;
- Helps attract love;
- Protects relationships;
- Balances your heart chakra;
- Raises your self-confidence; and
- Promotes, forgiveness, love and self-esteem.
- Iron Pyrite: Iron Pyrite can be used as a defense against negative energy or physical danger. It is also said to help activate your intellect and improve memory.
- Deters negative energy;
- Activates your intellect;
- Helps memory;
- Boosts your self-worth;
- Strengthens your willpower;
- Promotes positive thinking, and;
- Promotes prosperity, confidence and protection.
- Tiger Eye: Tiger Eye is especially useful in helping you improve your understanding and awareness. It is particularly useful at calming and de-stressing you.
- Assists awareness;
- Boosts wealth;
- Reduces stress;
- Raises your confidence levels, and;
- Brings you good fortune.
- Celestine: Celestine, sometimes called the divinity stone is wonderful for promoting calm and balance in your life. It is also believed to help people remember their dreams better, when they awaken. Generally, it brings an overall feeling of balance and peace to your entire body.
- The Divine Stone;
- Assists physical and mental peace within your body;
- Enhances your spiritual connection;
- Helps with your natural intuition, and;
- Balances your Crown Chakra.
- Flourite: Flourite is known as the protector gemstone for its ability to fight off negative energy, especially that which comes from others. Coming in a variety of colours, Flourite can be especially useful in meditation and gives the wearer a feeling of tranquility.
- The protector stone;
- Fights negativity;
- Protects you from other’s comments;
- Useful in meditating, and;
- Promotes peace and tranquility within your whole being.
- Onyx: Onyx is considered to be a wonderful stone for conquering fear. It is said to provide the wearer with support, strength, stamina and protection. It is especially useful for anyone going through a period of transition that is frightened of change. It is also used to help with various skin issues, especially infection and inflammation. It is important to keep Onyx clean, and recharged by washing it regularly with salt-water or using incense smoke.
- Helps us conquer our fears;
- Assists us when we are stressed;
- Soothes and alleviates worries;
- Helps us to make smart decisions, and;
- Can aid in minor skin infections and inflammations.
- Rubies: Rubies are also known as the energy stones. They can dramatically increase our vitality and zest for life. They are an especially good gift for someone who is insecure or depressed as they work specifically in these areas.
- A symbol of vitality, contentment, energy and the zest for life;
- They encourage and promote passion and self-love;
- Improves our motivation;
- Restores our life-force, stimulating the heart and reproductive organs, and;
- Physically works to cleanse and detoxify, especially our blood and lymph system.
- Crystal Quartz: This crystal takes the symbol of purity. It is considered to be a pure and powerful energy source that makes you more aware and alert, stimulating your brain.
- Is the symbol of purity;
- Helps us be more aware and living in the present;
- Stimulates our brain and our immune system;
- Increases our mental acuity and perception;
- Relaxes us and enhances the benefits of other crystals, and;
- Brings us healing, clarity and cleansing.
- Blue Topaz: I’ve included Blue topaz in this list because it is said to be specifically intended for the creative ones amongst us, especially the writers. It is also considered to be the perfect gift for saying; “I’m Sorry”.
- The bringer of good fortune;
- Enhances our communication skills;
- The purveyor of truth, wisdom and honesty;
- Promotes total body relaxation, and;
- Brings forgiveness.
So, there we have a selection of crystals that are considered “healing” crystals. As discussed previously, all crystals can be categorized as “healing” crystals simply because of our beliefs that they all promote overall health and wellbeing, in a holistic way. Although I’ve only summarized ten crystals here, there are many more examples that you may want to research on your own. Some other crystals that are said to have “healing” qualities, include: turquoise, moonstone, citrine, amazonite, desert rose, raw emerald, hematite, and many, many more.
If nothing else, I hope I’ve piqued your interest in this fascinating world of crystals to make you want to do some further research on the subject and maybe, just maybe, dip your toes into the waters of the wonderful world of crystals. Just start with one and see what effects it has on your life. Remember, though, approach all of this with an open, receptive and inquiring mind and you cannot go wrong.
I wish you luck on your continuing journey of self-discovery. If you want some specific advice on crystals or on anything else spiritual or metaphysical, please do comment on this blog or email me direct. I’d love to hear from you and assist you in any way I can.
If you enjoyed this Blog as much as I enjoyed writing it, and would like to hear more about spiritual and metaphysical issues, plus prosperity keys – I’m working on a book to reveal the Universal Laws of flow and plentitude, please do join our website and you will receive a notice whenever a new blog is posted, as well as special promotions and the opportunity to win prizes. We will never spam you, though. You can join here:
If you would immediately like to get your life turned around to a life of prosperity and abundance then please do download my FREE report; 3 Proven Ways To Pull More Prosperity to You in 30 Days.
If you liked what you read here, please do check out our previous blogs. The last four can be found here:
- Crystals and Money, Money, Money:
- Crystals – What Do We Make of Them?
- Seven Pillars of a Purpose-Driven and Heart-Led Life (Part 2):
- Seven Pillars of a Purpose-Driven and Heart-Led Life (Part 1):
Finally, today, please do pop on over to the section of my website that highlights my Visionary Fiction “whodunit” mystery, Spirit of Prophecy, which incorporates many of the ideas and philosophies discussed in my blog into a fast-paced, fictional, thriller. I know you’ll enjoy it. You can find that here:
Till Next Time I’m Sending: Peace and Light